News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst 2024 - may contain spoilers

Started by Trevor, August 19, 2024, 05:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I saw that earlier, nights look cool, but the days look great.  However if it's a BOM forecast it won't be right  ;D
I reserve the right to arm bears

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on September 26, 2024, 08:21:43 PMI saw that earlier, nights look cool, but the days look great.  However if it's a BOM forecast it won't be right  ;D

HAHA :D they can't get one day ahead right let alone 2 weeks!!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

I just love the terminology of BOM prognostications.

Tomorrow there is a 30% chance of rain, which statically translates to 70% change that it will not rain. ::)

Also 30 minutes of rain between 2 am and 2.30 am (e.g.) is taken as a successful prophecy that it will rain.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Quote from: stevo qld on September 27, 2024, 08:55:02 PMI just love the terminology of BOM prognostications.

Tomorrow there is a 30% chance of rain, which statically translates to 70% change that it will not rain. ::)

Also 30 minutes of rain between 2 am and 2.30 am (e.g.) is taken as a successful prophecy that it will rain.

It might rain tomorrow... but it might not...

The above statement means that one way or the other I'll be correct!

Perhaps that is what they are hoping for?

Regardless I'm hoping it'll be a good race. Bummed I won't be there but you can't get to them all.

Trevor

Of course it has

Started packing the 6x4 ready for the trip.

Going to Barellan the weekend before, so need to get stuff packed early

fordman

It appears the first draft of the programme has been altered back to a normal start time.

Trevor

Trailer packed, car packed. Heading to you know where at 7.00 in the morning, should get there about 3.00 pm

Sonic

bah... hate that I can't just drop a snip in here...

current BOM says... 23,24,19,21... sunny all 4 days

skaifeman

Heading up tomorrow. Forecast looking great. Always a great weekend on the mountain, even when not driving.

Ford cranks arriving this week and still no word of any new mapping thanks to the AVL.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

WarrenK

Quote from: skaifeman on October 09, 2024, 08:32:28 AMHeading up tomorrow. Forecast looking great. Always a great weekend on the mountain, even when not driving.

Ford cranks arriving next week and still no word of any new mapping thanks to the AVL.
The last line in this article says that any performance tweaks related to the AVL transient dyno testing have been done through engine software alterations.

Dasha

Quote from: Trevor on August 19, 2024, 05:22:14 PMWho's going and who will win?
I have been watching Bathurst since 1980 & as a Ford fan have had more pain than Joy :( . I live in central Victoria (Bendigo) I have been to Sandown, Calder park & Winton but have never been to the great race in person.
Even though in my opinion it is one of the best circuits in the world & the atmosphere would be amazing, i enjoy watching it from the comfort of my home on television as you get to see more on television than you would being live providing you can handle the commentary.  ;D
I can totally understand those that make it a tradition & camp there the whole weekend every year come rain hail or snow or shine.

OK here we go now who do I think will win, the Mustangs are in a much better position than this time last year with the improvements to the aerodynamics so that is a positive, I just hope that the rush to get the new crankshaft fitted doesnt hinder them getting the new engines installed & sorted in time for Sunday.
I think Ford is due for a win, while I would be happy to see any Ford win I would love to see the # 17 Shell Mustang on the top podium & Cam Waters deserves a good result also, so GO FORD.

mikeamerica84

As much as I would like to see a Ford win, I think the 88 is going to romp.  Factor in the co-drivers.  I have faith in Garth so the 19 should be in the hunt.  Holdsworth has a bit to make up for his Sandown woes, but if he does, it goes without saying that the 25 will be there.  Of course any trouble resets the whole tipping board.

Looking forward to it from my house, too, Dasha!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

muz

I agree that #88 is the favourite for this one. #19 could challenge, but I worry might fall a bit short.

Three smokey bets from me: Golding/Russell, Kostecki/Hazelwood, Percat/O'Keefe. Of those three, both Hazelwood and O'Keefe would need to have an exceptional day.