News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst 2024 - may contain spoilers

Started by Trevor, August 19, 2024, 05:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Quote from: muz on October 13, 2024, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: Woodzy on October 13, 2024, 12:33:06 PMNot sure why I thought the Fords would have a chance today.

Stanaway burned his tires.

Waters locked up.

Tander locked up.

Mostert's car is clearly not in the window right now.

Honestly, they've not done a lot themselves to stay in the race.

Begs the question. Why are just the Ford drivers so error prone?
Ford Faithful

muz

Quote from: AlbertM on October 13, 2024, 02:17:04 PM
Quote from: Woodzy on October 13, 2024, 12:33:06 PMNot sure why I thought the Fords would have a chance today.

Waters locked up.

Tander locked up.

In my view coincidence. Add in Moffat crossing it up over the top too.

If we look at current standings - T8 and Erebus are the only cars ahead of the Fords.

We know how good T8 is.

And given their championship was over before it began, Erebus have been clear they were focused on winning Bathurst as the big priority.

Those 4 cars are the ones leading, the rest is all pretty even.

I don't believe there is any steam in the argument that Ford isn't strong enough. Last year, for sure.

What hasn't helped is the Matt Chahda car trying its best to eliminate Fords from the race.

skaifeman

That Chahda car is a liability. I'm sure someone is going to have words with them after the race.

BJR is a moving disaster at this stage. All 4 cars in the 20's. Heimgartner was unlucky, but alas there he is.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

Waters locked up.

Tander locked up.

Your posts suggest the parity isn't right?
Is Tim the same puppet as Adrian? Their article quotes are almost copy and paste between this year and last.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on October 13, 2024, 02:48:51 PM

Waters locked up.

Tander locked up.

Is Tim the same puppet as Adrian? Their article quotes are almost copy and paste between this year and last.

Nooo...

Muz calls into question the performance of the drivers. I'm asking, why are the Ford drivers prone to more mistakes? I'm interested as last years champion is burning his tyres this year. Tander, Mostert are former winners and were hailed as the best you can get for Bathurst.  They now drive Fords.

All the Ford drivers can't be that bad, can they? The best Fords as I post this are over 1 minute behind the leader. Are they making that many mistakes? Hell, Mostert blew a tyre in 2021 and still won the thing.

BTW, Tim might be a puppet. I backed Burgess and got burnt. :P
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Now add a 25-28+ second "longer than it should have been" break pad change to the highest place & quicks Ford (#11)...

Let face it, the fords are ****ed, by self doing!!

They have been to the worlds best air tunnel, the worlds best engine dyo's... Yet, some still want to say there is an advantage!  Sore losers!

muz

Quote from: AlbertM on October 13, 2024, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on October 13, 2024, 02:48:51 PM

Waters locked up.

Tander locked up.

Nooo...

Muz calls into question the performance of the drivers. I'm asking, why are the Ford drivers prone to more mistakes? I'm interested as last years champion is burning his tyres this year. Tander, Mostert are former winners and were hailed as the best you can get for Bathurst.  They now drive Fords.

All the Ford drivers can't be that bad, can they? The best Fords as I post this are over 1 minute behind the leader. Are they making that many mistakes? Hell, Mostert blew a tyre in 2021 and still won the thing.

Ahhh, I see your point now.

I'll clarify, I don't think these drivers have lost it or are bad. But they made costly mistakes at the wrong time when the field was close together. They missed the train.

But we're seeing now just how good car #1 is. And Hazelwood is in fine form too, full credit. They are both driving very well.

I would have bet my house on a safety car at the start of the day. But the longer we go into this, it feels like it may never come. This would allow car #1 to really cruise home.

skaifeman

Surely someone gets desperate and a safety car comes out.

muz

Quote from: skaifeman on October 13, 2024, 03:47:21 PMSurely someone gets desperate and a safety car comes out.

History tells us that. But I don't think anyone is running close enough to another car to get desperate. Margins are all big and main drivers are back in.

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on October 13, 2024, 03:38:04 PMNow add a 25-28+ second "longer than it should have been" break pad change to the highest place & quicks Ford (#11)...

Let face it, the fords are ****ed, by self doing!!

They have been to the worlds best air tunnel, the worlds best engine dyo's... Yet, some still want to say there is an advantage!  Sore losers!

You need to go back to sleep. The grown ups are talking.  8)
Ford Faithful

muz

Joe5619

Murray's been very impressive!!

Not the worlds most exciting race.

AlbertM

Who'da thunk with all the carnage in practice the race would go SC free so far. Do they really hate the FCY rules that much they want to avoid it...LOL!
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Now Slade defending whilst lapped...
Barry just did what Barry does. Deservedly so?

Feeney is wheeling Kostecki in, but getting past will be another story.

Le Brocq and Ojeda have been impressive, same as Murray.
Waters is now the blue ovals best chance. Mostert also making hay.

muz

Barry Ryan living up to his character, sounds like PremiAir just laughed at him.

But that was a bit off by Slade.

Would love to see this stay green and have it tighten up as a battle for the win. Just once, we wouldn't need to debate about the ,entertainment car' at the end of Bathurst.